A common question that people frequently ask me is what is estrogen dominance? “My blood test results come back normal, but yet my thermography screen says that I have high estrogen” is a sentence I hear many times every week.
Estrogen dominance is 50 times greater in the tissues of your body. Therefore, blood testing doesn’t really provide a clear picture of your estrogen dominance. However, thermography identifies estrogen dominance in your breast images with the increased inflammation that this is a signature of being estrogen dominant. It is because estrogen is inflammatory, so estrogen is going to leave inflammation markers.
What Is Estrogen Dominance?
Estrogen is commonly known as the “female” hormone. It helps with sexual development, regulates the menstrual cycle and also affects the entire female reproductive system.
In case your body has low testosterone or low progesterone levels, it can upset the hormonal balance, and having abnormally high estrogen levels comparative to progesterone levels is referred to as estrogen dominance.
What Causes High Estrogen?
Estrogen dominance can develop naturally and can also result from consuming certain medications such as estrogen replacement therapy, which is a common treatment for symptoms of menopause.
Estrogen is collected in the tissues of your body from the environment, from pollution, and toxins such as pesticides insecticide, herbicides, perfumes, lotions and hormones that are in the food that you eat, toxins that are in the water you drink, toxins in the plastic bottles that we also consume. This is where the estrogen comes from. These are toxins that mimic estrogen, and the body thinks of it as estrogen.
Estrogen is inflammatory and is in direct connection with cancer, not only breast cancer but many cancers within the body. According to the American Cancer Society (ACS), estrogen dominance can also intensify the risk of endometrial cancer.
Thermography can identify this estrogen and the inflammation caused by it. By reducing this estrogen also reduce the risk factors that cause breast cancer.
Symptoms Of High Dominance In Women
A woman may experience these symptoms if her body’s estrogen and testosterone levels aren’t balanced.
- Swelling and breasts tenderness
- Fibrocystic lumps in breasts
- Declined sex drive
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Augmented symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Mood swings
- Memory problems
- Cold hands or feet
- Weight gain
- Hair loss
- Panic attacks and anxiety
- Sleep issues
How To Eliminate Estrogen Dominance Naturally?
We want to help eliminate estrogen dominance as much as possible. There are different ways of doing it.
- Using infrared sauna for detoxifying the body and the skin is a great way to start.
- Changes in eating habits such as eating a low-carb and high-fiber diet may also help you lose excess weight.
- Whole Body Healing Center in Dallas provides a topical essential oil mix with coconut oil and dragon time two drops twice a day to make a breast cream that you rub on the chest and around the breast area to help reduce the estrogen dominance factor.
- We also provide liver detox and oil packs that can be immensely beneficial as detoxifying the liver is vital to help your body deal with increased estrogen. Liver health plays an increasingly important role in preventing estrogen dominance.