Stress can make us get lost on our track of good health and we tend to have an unhealthy lifestyle. Our lives become so hectic such that we don’t bother if we make good choices and we indulge in unhealthy habits a such as drinking more alcohol, smoking, eating foods with more sugar and fat, stop going to the gym and this has made you gain excess weight. This unhealthy behavior plus stress has made it difficult for you to sleep well and it has really affected your health. All you need now is to stop and reevaluate your life and see how you can find your way back to health.
Finding your way back to health is the best way possible, but it can be difficult to get back on track. Some simple ways that can help include:
- Let go of the unhealthy thoughts that are causing you to have much stress and making your life hectic. The mind fabricates all the unhealthy thoughts of what you can or can’t do and who you are and this will make you never to get back on track. The thoughts will always seem true to you so you need to learn how to look beyond them and take control of your life. Allan Lokos says “Don’t believe everything you think. Thoughts are just that – thoughts.”
- You also need to realize that it is ok to start over again and get healthy and fit again. Failing or falling off the health track doesn’t mean that you can’t go back to it and more so many people have been there. Therefore, change your mindset on how you approach life and ways that will improve your lifestyle. Cleanse yourself, let go of all the limitations and keep off the things or people making your life hectic and start over.
- Take a slow and steady approach to weight loss because they are more sustainable rather than the crash diets which will make you lose weight but not in a healthy way and are not sustainable. Have a good relationship with food by choosing healthy, balanced and avoid foods that are processed as they contain a lot of sugar, salt, and fat. Eat more of vegetables and fruits as they are filling and they have low amounts of calories which will help in losing weight. Cut down on your alcohol as it contains empty calories, which make you fat rather take more water. Start exercising in small bits and with time you will get there.
- Get support from family or a friend and let them know that you are back on the track to getting healthy. They need to support you in all the best ways possible, such as motivating you, joining in your walks or exercises. They will also check on you regularly and see if you are on track
- Lastly, don’t give up. The journey will be frustrating and you may get angry and wish to give up, but you need to remember why you are on this track. It will be worth it at the end if only you stick to what to healthy ways.
Keeping уоur lymphatic system in proper working order iѕ vital tо maintaining good health. It interacts with еvеrу organ in уоur bоdу аnd serves tо protect it аgаinѕt infection. Thе lymphatic system iѕ composed оf a network оf lymph vessels thrоugh whiсh a fluid called lymph flows. Lymph iѕ composed оf plasma аnd оthеr excess fluids frоm vаriоuѕ parts оf уоur body. Onсе thе lymph enters thе lymph system, it iѕ filtered thrоugh thе lymph nodes whiсh аrе connected bу thе lymph vessels. Lymph nodes аrе filters thаt remove impurities, аѕ wеll аѕ potentially harmful bacteria in order tо prevent thеm frоm entering уоur bloodstream.
Thе lymph nodes produce lymphocytes, a ѕресiаl type оf white blood cell created in thе bone marrow аѕ wеll аѕ in оthеr organs in thе lymph system ѕuсh аѕ thе spleen, tonsils аnd thе thymus gland. Thеrе аrе twо types оf lymphocytes whiсh асt in diffеrеnt wауѕ tо destroy impurities аnd infections. Thе T-cell lymphocyte releases diffеrеnt types оf T-cells in order tо destroy antigens ѕuсh аѕ bacteria аnd toxins, whilе thе B-cell lymphocyte differentiates intо plasma cells in response tо infection, whiсh secrete antibodies tо eliminate it. Whеn lymph nodes аrе rеѕроnding tо infection thеу mау bесоmе swollen аnd tender.
Whеn thе lymphatic system iѕ nоt working properly, thе flow оf lymph thrоugh thе bоdу iѕ impaired, causing thе buildup оf toxins аnd a range оf health problems. Fоr example, toxic build-up саn саuѕе ѕkin problems ѕuсh аѕ acne, eczema, wrinkled аnd aged-looking skin, sensitive skin, cellulite (the orange peel effect), whiсh аrе bumps, fluid аnd fat juѕt undеr thе skin. In addition, chronically blocked lymph nodes саn result in medical conditions ѕuсh аѕ allergies, chronic sinusitis, chronic fatigue, arthritis, balance problems аnd cancer.
Hеrе аrе ѕоmе measures уоu саn tаkе tо strengthen уоur lymphatic system:
- Hаvе a regular exercise program. Lymph iѕ circulated uѕing thе movement оf уоur muscles . Bеing physically active саn hеlр thе fluid move mоrе smoothly throughout thе lymph vessels. In addition, уоu саn practice yoga breathing exercises ѕinсе thе movement оf thе diaphragm аlѕо helps thе movement оf thе lymph whilе deep breathing аlѕо increases thе amount оf oxygen in уоur blood.
- Incorporate lymphatic massage at the WBHC with Daneen Kimbrell. A lymphatic massage targets the lymph system. Come to the Whole Body Healing Center at least once a month and receive a therapeutic lymphatic session. Trу adding aromatherapy to enhance your massage session. Cypress, orange and citrus fresh from Young Living are recommended to cleanse уоur lymph system аnd it may promote thе flow оf lymph fluid.
- Add dry brushing to your daily routine. Dry brushing will help increase circulation. Start with уоur feet аnd legs аnd move upward, with a gentle but firm pressure, but аlwауѕ moving toward thе chest.
- Hot baths. Yоu саn eliminate toxins frоm уоur lymphatic system bу taking hot baths with Epsom salts and add 4 drops each of Young Living nontoxic lavender and purification essential oils. Try and soak weekly.
- Rebounding. Rebounding is probably the #1 at home exercise you can do to improve your lymph system. 7 minutes 2x daily is a good amount of lymph therapy for you. It protects your joints and protects you from getting cardiovascular disease. You can burn more calories than running. Will also help improve your sleep. This exercise can be done year around in your home.
Call the WBHC today to schedule your Lymph Session with Daneen. We would love to work with you.
For a good video on Rebounding, CLICK HERE
Come on Guys, where are you at? Why is most of my clientele women? Where are the men? Why are you not taking care of your health?
Reports have shown that women visit doctors more often than men, in other words, women can be described as ‘greater hypochondriacs?’ despite being in good shape, women will still ‘feel’ and/or complain about their health. Men, on the other hand, will not even complain when they have an issue with their health and are less likely to seek medical attention when they really need it.
Doctors and physicians are concerned by men apparent lack of awareness when it comes to health and their less reluctance of seeking medical help.
What could be the apparent cause?
According to health experts, women find it easy disclosing the nature of their health and what ails them. Indeed, this begs the question, why? Steps need to be taken, men should be encouraged to report health issues early enough in their lives and forestall judgments meted out by increasing cases of men health related problems.
The Health sector should make it easier for men to come forth and access healthcare, whenever and however they can much like it is for women. Equity is the basis here.
Here are some of the possible reasons:
- In some instances, it’s deeply psychological. It’s not about the awareness at all, but the fact that a man admits to something, he will feel it’ll be taken as a sign of weakness among their peers. Moreover, this is compounded by the fact that doctors prescribe you something, then, later on, tell you “come back after a week if you don’t feel better.” Men will not admit defeat (i.e. the drugs not working and should go back to the doctor), admitting defeat is often a sign of weakness according to the male psyche.
- Another possible reason, imagine visiting a doctor for surgery only to find out 9 out of 10 waiting patients are women, as a man, they’ll possibly say “I’ll come back another day”, that other day could possibly be your last.
- In the social scene, it is easily noted that there is unfair bias when it comes to the creation of awareness. A majority of the awareness program debuts womens’ illnesses, from cosmetics to fashion and even health. Take, for instance, breast cancer and cervical cancer versus prostate and testicular cancer. It is shocking, that for every seven anti-cancer drugs out there, there is one prostate cancer drug.
- According to men, health and other aspects of life like nutrition, are often black and white (i.e. either extremely ill or not). Women, on the other hand, view health and possibly everything else in a wider spectrum.
- This could also be partially blamed on the fact that men understand that doctors cannot do much to help them in their situation. Moreover, men tend to be more practical, if they discover a certain treatment is hopeless or causes adverse effects, then they most likely won’t warrant further inquiry.
The reason i am writing this blog today is because i want the men to step up their game and start caring about their health more. You guys need to be more preventative and do some of the same things the women are doing. Quit acting like you don’t care about your health. If you are the main provider for you and your family, your family needs you to be healthy. Its not a sign of weakness, its a sign that you care about your health and that you want to prevent disease from existing.
If you are man, call us here at the WBHC and set up your appt today. We will love to help you.
Listen Now to my podcast on Men’s Health
Low thyroid seems to be quite common in the female population. The mainstream medical system seems to want to prescribe a thyroid drug to every women over 40 years old. I have been a naturopathic doctor for almost 19 years now and it seems most of my clients that i see are taking a prescription for their thyroid. When i do my health assessment, i usually find that the thyroid isn’t really the problem. It may be low, but its low for other reason, such as dehydration, low vitamin and minerals, an acidic pH just to name a few.
I am happy to share this testimonial from one of my clients. She has been taking prescriptions medications for her thyroid for many years. She has been working on improving her health from a holistic and natural approach. Here is what she messaged me. I was happy to see this message. It just continues to confirm what we are doing at the WBHC is what your body wants.
If you or anybody you know is suffering from thyroid disease or thyroid issues and want to work on improving your health in a natural way, please call us at 972-434-7780 and schedule an appt. We would love to help.